It is simpler and takes lower time compared to Roux-n-Y gastric bypass. It is a popular procedure recently. It is an alternative procedure to the gast..
Sleeve gastrectomy can be applied as a standalone surgery. The side part of stomach is removed while leaving a narrow tube. It also removes ghrelin (h..
• Age between 18-65 years
• Body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher
• BMI of 35 or more and comorbidities like diabetes, hypertension, sleep apnea.
• Although difficult, it is reversible
• It produces more weight loss compared to sleeve gastrectomy
• It is restrictive and also malabsorbtive proc..
People who are not candidates for mini gastric bypass include those who:
• Have other medical problems that make the surgery too risky,
• Have unman..
• Hospital stay is longer.
• Operation is simpler compared to bypass and more complex compared to sleeve gastrectomy
• It causes long-term vitamin a..